Caíthlyn's Blog

Blogging about our Little Miss. Family 2 pregnancy

Monday, April 25, 2005

Crayons and Phones

At Nanny's house there are crayons and coloring pencils galore. It's a virtual feast of color and Little Miss loves it! And Nanny also has kiddy chairs, which rival the crayons as sources of joy. Therefore, Darren and I took it upon ourselves to obtain a kiddy chair, crayons and a coloring book for herself ( Caíthlyn, obviously, Nanny already has some!)
So off we went, to the Big Toy store! We emerged with a Little Red Plastic Chair, a packet of Crayons for 1+ yrs and a coloring book. (No. I am not deluded enough to think that Little Miss will actually color in the pictures but it beats the hell out of paper being scattered all over the place!)
We have a coffee table next to the sofa and we set up Little Miss at that. Of course, the Mamma had to whip out the video camera and record this for posterity!
New Chair

Some would consider me snap-happy and I suppose I do point and shoot at everything that could even remotely be considered an "EVENT" but what you wanna ask yourself is "Does Nynke care?" The answer is a resounding "NO!!" If I wanna record my little Honey doing her thing, I will. When I look back at tapes from the first months I am just SO happy that that video camera was almost fused to my hand. We will now always be able to see Little Miss as a new born. Even her grandchildren! (Woooww, There's a thought!)

A Great Big THANK YOU to my parents for giving us this video camera.. It really was a priceless gift!

Caíthlyn loves talking on the phone. Almost anything can be changed in to a phone in her book. Be it the Baby-Monitor, the remote control, a Lamp Attachment, it all works! She will walk around with the implement of choice kept up to her ear and just yap away. Entire conversations are conducted this way. She will laugh, give out, pause for response.... she really IS having a conversation! Nothing beats an actual telephone though! Saturday Morning she came in to the bed with us and after playing "Tent" (I can still hear the squeals of delight!) she got her hands on my phone.
I own a Motorola V525, it's one of those flip open yokes, and I still haven't sussed out how to lock the keypad. She opened my phone and started pushing buttons and yapping away " ya ya ya!!" When all of a sudden I hear a man's voice! Oh Cr*p! Little Miss had actually called Uncle A. and Aunt G. in Cork! Uncle A. was a little bit confused (understandably so, you don't expect to hear an almost 16 month old gabbing away at ya when you answer the phone now do you?) but was a good sport about it!

She'll be playing with Daddy's phone going forward!

Today is Daddy's and Auntie G.'s (Not the one in Cork!) Birthday! Thirty-One and Seventeen respectively.

Happy Birthday!!!!!