Caíthlyn's Blog

Blogging about our Little Miss. Family 2 pregnancy

Wednesday, March 23, 2005

Nocturne

Last night.....00.03 hrs. I was resting comfortably in Morpheus' arms when himself darts out of bed. As always, it takes a few seconds for the cobwebs to clear from my cranium. Little Miss is wide awake and sobbing intensely. Fair Play to Darren; he tried to sooth her back to sleep in her own bedroom for an extremely long time. In the end though, she came in with us. Normally this works just fine. She will mooch for a little bit and then doze off.

NOT LAST NIGHT HOWEVER!!

I have no idea what came over the child but she must not have received the memo that says that the hours between 21.00 and 8.00 are for slumber!
She was full of energy. Her Daddy and I tried to get some more shut-eye (he, my alarm goes off at 05.45 hours, mercilessly) but she was having none of it!
She sat up straight in between us, grabbed my hand, grabbed Darren's and then tried to make us clap hands. She does this in the mornings sometimes and could not grasp the concept of appropriate times for such undertakings.
She also has a sadistic streak...
I was facing away from her, when I felt someone pulling at my hair. Sometimes she plays with my hair to sooth herself. My hopes soared: Sleep Must Be Immanent!
No such luck, she proceeded to pull my hair out, one strand at a time...... her little midnight project.
At this stage it's around 02.00 hrs and I decide enough is enough and put her back in her own cot. I am ready for a few tears but think (read: Pray) that she will settle down once there are no more distractions around. And, for the briefest of times, it's looking good. Then..... tears... lots of 'em. I attempted tough love (not going in to her straight away) but neither Darren nor I are very good at that. When Darren went in to her she started wailing! I could have joined in with her right there and then. When she came back to our bed, she burrowed in to my chest and cried some more........ Poor Little Honey.
last time I checked the clock it was about 04.00 hrs ( I think). Somewhere along the night we all must have fallen asleep 'cause I was woken up by my alarm wayyyy to early again. She was sleeping like a eeerrmm ..... well.... A Baby really, next to me. Face like a little Angel.

I feel an early night coming on tonight! :-)

Have a great one People!