Caíthlyn's Blog

Blogging about our Little Miss. Family 2 pregnancy

Tuesday, March 01, 2005

Early Birds

March 2005, in Fair Lovely Town where we lay our scene. It is 04.40 hrs, the room is dark, the bed is warm: The baby is awake....... Darren is getting up to her and it takes me a few minutes to cop on to the situation. The poor thing seems to be in some kind of pain again. After trying to get her back to sleep in her own cot, and even an ambitious return to our boudoir sans bébé, she ends up in with us anyway.
My alarm is set for 05.45 hrs and I had the (slightly naïve, granted) hope of an hours more kip. She was still out of sorts though. When she is tired, but for some reason can't sleep, she will twist her hair with both hands and make a groaning sound. So too this morning. YOU try sleeping through that....... So when the alarm went off and I staggered in to the bathroom (en-suite) this woke her up completely and Darren (who normally get's another hour's sleep) was left holding the baby, Literally. After I had my shower, Darren decided to get his now too, as long as I was there anyway.
Now, don't get me wrong, I am fully aware that a good night's sleep is what Baby's, Mamma's and Daddy's need. But for this one morning it was SO lovely to have hugsies and cuddles with my Honey before heading off in the cold! I was secretly enjoying it SO much! She was wide awake now and (amazingly) in great form!

Bring on the Day! I am ready for it! :-)