Caíthlyn's Blog

Blogging about our Little Miss. Family 2 pregnancy

Wednesday, March 16, 2005

Daddy

Hello There,

The lack of posts in the last few days was due to the flu. The flu sucks eggs and is NO FUN! I am back in the saddle now though, so here goes:

First, my lovely boyfriend has written a poem about our daughter and his love for her:


There's a place in my heart where angels could dwell,
But that placed is filled by one.
To look but a moment in those eyes you see,
The beauty and good, those angels have done.

Perfection personified in one small tiny being
Yet, reflected back in waves constantly.
To hold her is to know a prize immeasurable,
Oh my darling, my darling baby.



I know I have talked (gushed) about him before but I can't help it. I have to just indulge myself a little bit more.
Starting a family with someone is always going to be a gamble. Parenthood is such an overwhelming thing that you never really know what kind of impact it is going to have. No matter how well you know the person.
In my case, I couldn't have asked for a better father for my child. From the first moment I saw him hold his daughter I knew I had been Bang on the Money sticking with this wonderful man. The tenderness with which he held his daughter touched me deeply. ( I know it's hormone central just after the birth, you Cynics out there, but believe me, Icebergs would have melted!)

They have their own evening rituals together. They will throw two cushions on the floor and lie down on their bellies. They will have their cheeks on the pillows and their noses almost touching. They can be doing almost anything in that Daddy and Caíthlyn time together.
Darren will put Caíthlyns hand in to a fist and then uncurl the fingers one by one, counting with each finger. And she will make sounds in the same tones as him. She's counting with him! They can be doing shapes, reading books, she can be using him as a climbing frame...... The possibilities are endless! They LOVE that time together. Then they have bath time.
(In the winter my hands crack like mad when I immerse them in water. So, until the summer sets in, Bath-Time is Daddy-Time. I will be edging my way back in that bathroom come this summer though!)
Little Miss adores the water and the squeals of delight are testimony to allot of fun going on in there! However, as I am not there. I will attempt to twist boyfriends arm to write a bit on the subject.

I had been at home sick yesterday and had attempted some folding of the washing. I have left the last bits in a hamper under the table to be disposed of later. But Little Miss toddled on to it and started systematically removing items from the hamper. He, if she get's her giggles from that particular activity then who am I to stop her? Anyhoe, she found the lot of odd socks (one of life's mysteries: the whereabouts of all the left socks in the world) and proceeding to try and put them on my feet! She looked at the socks and looked at my feet on the poof and decided that draping the socks over them would be far easier. After she had draped the sock on my foot just so, she patted it and looked at me with a look of:" There, all done, there's a good Mamma" at 14.5 months old she could be a great Mamma herself already!