Caíthlyn's Blog

Blogging about our Little Miss. Family 2 pregnancy

Tuesday, March 22, 2005

Sunshine

Little Miss has had a rough few days. She was out of sorts, not a happy bunny. It breaks your heart to see her like this because you know she is such a happy child normally.
She will rub her nose as if it's annoyingly itchy, slouch her shoulders and walk around with a big frown and pout. Last week she walked around the living room then stopped in her tracks, changed direction, took a few more steps and changed direction again and then just started to cry.... Like she didn't know what to be doing with herself and it was just getting to her.
I know the feeling so well, but at least I can B*tch and Moan about it, vocalize my feelings. She can't and that must be adding to her frustration! She will not be comforted when she is feeling that way and that makes you feel so helpless. That's what the Mammy does! She makes the nasty feelings go away...... But as I don't believe in forcing points like that, I just let her be and give her lots and lots of luvin' when she eventually does come up for some cuddles.

So when I arrived at Nanny's house yesterda, I half expected to find my daughter with a little thundercloud over her head. But I found a little ray of sunshine! When I went down on my hunkers and spread my arms, she ran in to me and gave me a monster squeeze! You can't beat it with a stick people! The "Mamma, you're home!" smile is priceless!
After a lovely dinner (Thank you Nanny!) Caíthlyn came to get me. She held her hand up to me for me to take it and proceeded to take me on a "tour" of the kitchen/sitting room. "Here's the dishwasher" (pointing at Nanny putting dishes away in the machine) and here is the kiddies table with the book I am reading. (Pointing at the book of Teddy Bear Nursery Rhymes) I swear, it was like she was talking to me.

She also has a new "Party-Trick". When you tell her:" Show me your tongue Caíthlyn" She will stick out her tongue fast as a flash! (The things she picks up at Nanny's house! ;-) ) I know it doesn't sound funny but when you see it, believe me, it is!

That concludes today's musings.... Show me your tongue everybody!