Caíthlyn's Blog

Blogging about our Little Miss. Family 2 pregnancy

Monday, April 04, 2005

Easter and Lionesses

Greetings and Salutations

Finally, I can add new pics so here we go!

So, Easter!
Technically this was Little Miss' 2nd Easter but as this was the first one she could actively partake in, I count this one as the first proper one!

Caíthlyn LOVES interacting with other kids. And as: Easter Egg Hunt = Lots of Kids, she had a fantastic time. When we arrived at Nanny's house, everyone was still in Church. It didn't take long however before the house was a cacophony of people talking and kids singing. (You wanna hear the nieces version of that song by the Killers, "Somebody told me" they cracked me UP! ) Caíthlyn kept squealing with delight. Running after the other kids, being chased by them, hiding with them under the table. The fun just went on and on!
All the Easter Goodies were hidden in the back garden and the kids were set up single file and marched out the back door. After receiving their instructions they were let loose. Darren had the video camera and I had the digital. This was one well documented Easter egg hunt! Darren's sisters' sister-in-law (still with me?) took Caíthlyn by the hand and Little Miss had SO much fun! She understood the concept of the hunt and was really going for it!

Here's a few pics of the event:

First Find, look at that face!

Found Eggs Easter 2005

Hands Full, now what do I do?

Caithlyn Easter Findings SMALL 2005

Look what I found! (her face is red from Strawberries!)

Caithlyn presenting egg small

And this close up of the first pic, just 'cause she's so gorgeous!

Easter Blue Eyes 2


When I saw the video footage later, I saw one of the kids snatch an egg right from under Caíthlyn's nose. She was reaching down to it and he grabbed it. Thankfully she just continued the hunt. That was the only low point for me. That kind of thing really gets under my skin and I should just learn to let it go but........ hhmmppfff!!
This protection thing is SO fierce! I had heard about the "Lioness" feeling and people had told me to expect it but I was not ready for it to be THIS strong.
For instance: I had to take Little Miss to the Doc's and in the waiting room she was holding court. Toddling around the room. Smiling at everyone and gabbing away at them. People that came in got a big blinding smile and a "Hi!" She even went so far as to take some of their hands and "guide" them through the room. Everyone was really nice to her and were obviously charmed by her.
Then SHE came in...... Pigtails, cute colorful clothes.... about 5 years old.
She came in and sat down on a little car Caíthlyn had been pushing around. "Not to Worry" you can hear Caíthlyn think, "we can BOTH play!" (I know, a 15 month old is not SUPPOSED to know the meaning of "together". My daughter does a lot of things she is not supposed to.....) and bends down in front of the girl to make eye-contact and gab to her and nod her head as if to say:" I am going to push you on the car 'Ke?" and proceeds to go around to the back and push. I know I am biased but the collective "Aaaahhh" from the other people backs me up here:
She was Flipping A-DORA-BLE!
But the girl was blanking her. Ignoring my beautiful, lovely and friendly daughter to the point where Caíthlyn, after a few more attempts at making friends, toddles on to the corner of the room, defeated. And there she stood, chin on her chest, her little lip pouting..... She was SO visibly confused and upset.
Had this big lump in my throat and really had to stop myself from grabbing this 5 year old and asking her what the flip her issue was whilst shaking her vigorously. I know I can't force anything but Come On! She's 15 months old! Give her a break! Then again, Chloe (Little *bleeps* name) is only a little girl herself and little girls can be just mean.

That's life and even fiercely protecive lionesses-eat-your-hearts-out mamma's have to deal with that.