Caíthlyn's Blog

Blogging about our Little Miss. Family 2 pregnancy

Tuesday, December 13, 2005

Beddie Bye Byes

Holy God(dess)! I am tired! Little Miss fell asleep in the car on the way home last night and her Daddy lifted her to her bed straight away. She woke herself up during the night however and ended up in bed with us again.
Now, I do realize that the desired night-time routine would be for everyone to stay in the bed in which they originally went to sleep but seeing as Caíthlyn was the only one who shifted I am saying:"Two out of three ain't bad!"
There are many different views on the whole "sharing the bed thing" but I subscribe to the view of: "Whatever gives us all a good night's sleep"
And I sincerely doubt that she will be 13 years old and still crawling in with us so I am not too worried. Plus, the hugsies are great! There's nothing quite like those little arms around your neck, getting all cozy!
One phenomenon of nighttime though is that my child seems to magically expand! In the daytime, she is a normal sized toddler, at night, she manages to take up all the space in a King Sized bed!
Last weekend, Darren was out with his mates for the night, and Little Miss ended up in with me again. It was just her and me. Yet, I still ended up on the very edge of the bed. What's THAT all about? Another one of life's great mysteries!
It makes getting up might y difficult though! This morning she was in between us, one hand on top of the duvet, the other one up next to head. Those beautiful long, dark lashes resting on her cheeks. Could have gobbled her up right there and then!
Poor little thing is coming down with ANOTHER case of the sniffles! Two days before we fly to The Netherlands! Fingers crossed it's a mild one.
I am very excited now about our trip home. (Still refer to The Netherlands as "home" when in reality, Ireland is......) Going to see friends, family and hopefully a bit of snow! Would LOVE to make a snow-man with Little Miss!
So, boys and girls, please send us positive vibes on Thursday and Tuesday (flight days) and lots of snow in between! :-)

Have a great one everybody!