Caíthlyn's Blog

Blogging about our Little Miss. Family 2 pregnancy

Wednesday, June 22, 2005

Bedtime and Nanny

Little Miss has been having a hard time in the evenings lately. Either she is wide awake come bed-time or she is SO tired that she falls asleep "early" (say 19.45 hrs) and then wakes up again in the middle of the night.
The night before last it was very warm and she was getting too hot in her bed. Darren took her blankie and her PJ bottoms off to cool her down. She would not go back down and ended up in bed with us. As soon as her warm little body hit the mattress she slipped in to my arms, closed her eyes and went to sleep. For some mysterious reason she leapt up in full activity a few hours later but went down again eventually as well.
She is SUCH a Honey! She really is. Her little legs touching mine and her hand in my hair. That adorable sleepy baby smell.....

When I came to Nanny's house yesterday, she told me Little Miss seemed to be running a bit of a fever. She did feel a bit warm to the touch, especially her cheeks. I think she might be in the process of getting the last few teeth through. So, last night she got a bit of Dozol and went down no probs, at the right time and everything! :-) Didn't mean she'd STAY there though..... Yup, at around 01.30 hrs Darren was next to her cot again and she ended in the exact same place as the night before!

When I got out of bed this morning at 05.45 hrs I looked behind me and Little Miss was snuggled up in her Daddy's arms. Her back against his chest and her hand under her cheek. They looked so sweet I could have cried right there......

I am such a lucky woman to have these wonderful people in my life.

Today I am flying to The Netherlands for 2 days and I am going to miss them SO much!
I don't really do much for myself. This is not to be all "Poor Me" but I don't really get to do much for myself. Most of my friends have moved back to their respective countries and I don't really have many friends here anymore.
Between work and Little Miss I don't get much time for me. So now I am going for a mini-break home! My dear, dear friend Monique is getting her Diploma for becoming a Doula and I am going to be there for it! :-) I am SO looking forward to it!

But for one woman I wouldn't be able to go and that woman is her Nanny. Nanny has 4 kids and three granddaughters who are her world. This lady has 31 years of taking care of kids under her belt and knows her stuff. But what I think makes her so great is that she genuinely loves "Her Girls" so much. You would not say that she is the age she is and will sit down on the floor to play with the girls easy as that. The traditional "Granny" picture (White hair, flowery dress, bun) certainly does not apply to her.
We would be lost without her. I hope she knows she IS really appreciated and loved.

THANKS A MILLION FOR EVERYTHING NANNY!! YOU ROCK!