Caíthlyn's Blog

Blogging about our Little Miss. Family 2 pregnancy

Tuesday, November 21, 2006

All the way to the moon, and back.

A week ago on Sunday, my daughter and I watched "The Little Mermaid" both 1&2. (Which sounds like a lot, but taking in to consideration all the fast forwarding involved due to scary bits, it was more like one movie.) Me with my large mug of Senseo coffee, her with her smiley cup of milk and her Dora plate with peanut butter crackers.(She LURVES her some Peanutbutter Crackers!) Together under her Care Bear blankie (Thank you Beppe!), snuggly and warm, with black skies outside. We watched, and talked about the movie(s).
I got this big lump in my throat. My Little Honey, it seems like only yesterday that she was a baby. She is growing up SO fast (Hellooo Cliché!) and hearing her chatter about how she's going to be a "Mermaid-Doctor-Princess-Queen" (What? It could happen! ;-) ) and how much King Triton loves his daughter and how much her Mamma and Daddy love her (Little Miss), almost reduced me to tears. Tears of pride.
We are SO lucky to have this precious little girl in our lives.

Every night, when I put her to bed. I say this to her while I hold her in my arms. It's from "Love you Forever" and "Guess How Much I Love You"

"I love you forever, I'll like you for always, As long as I'm living, My baby you'll Be. Mamma loves you all the way to the moon and back!"

Only she will demand that I say "Big Girl" rather than "baby" and we will say "All the way to the moon and back!" , together. She loves these two books and it's something small that we have together that I treasure dearly.

And I do love you Little Miss, all the way to the moon and back.........