Caíthlyn's Blog

Blogging about our Little Miss. Family 2 pregnancy

Tuesday, February 21, 2006

All better again!

Well, we are all better again. The mucous has left the building..... Kleenex is going to have to let people go due to the severe dip in revenue since last week...
We are still dealing with one side effect now: The waking up between 01.00 and 02.00 looking for hugs and wanting to go in to Mammie and Daddy's bed.
She has had these phases before, and I am confident they will not last forever, but in the meanwhile...... oh man! She has gotten in to this habit of wanting to get as close to you as she could possibly get.
When I think about it during the day, I think it's incredibly cute and it makes me feel all warm and fuzzy inside.
However, when it's the middle of the night, you have got work in the morning and she just can't get comfy, it's less than practical. She will throw up one leg on your chest. Try and get her face SO close to yours that you can't help but shift your head, which makes her follow suit.....
It's a King Size bed but when she's in with us, it may as well be a match-box! :-)

On our first trip to the Netherlands with Little Miss, we bought her a little glow in the dark "Miffy" cuddly toy which has been in her cot wit her ever since. When we put Little Miss to bed, we will sit down next to her for a few minutes until she falls asleep. So too, last night. Sitting there, in her dark room, I could see the little Bunny glowing next to Little Miss' face. Then a dark patch appeared. And I could make out Little Miss' hand. She was snuggling up to Miffy. Getting her comfy feeling from this glow in the dark bunny. There is such an innocence in that motion. The reaching for something familiar and cozy. Her arms wrapped around Miffy she finally fell asleep.

It took her longer than usual to fall asleep but I strongly suspect that that was my fault. Usually Darren does the bed time routine but the poor man has done something to his back so I happily stepped in. I was a wee bit to chatty I think though! So the message that it was, in fact, bed time didn't really sink in with Little Miss until I tucked her in and switched off the light. And where Darren will be back down in all of 20 minutes, having brushed her teeth, washed her face, changed her Nappy and put her to sleep in her jammies, I took, oh.. 45 Minutes?! Obviously, I need the practice and should be doing this more.

Last night I had my first introduction lesson with "Curves". I know that in theory "Bigger is better" but I was taking this a liiiiitle bit to far. So, as of yesterday, I will be doing the "Curves Work Out" three times a week. They cram 1.5 hrs of exercise in 30 minutes and that suits me right down to the ground.
I was a little bit afraid that this would mean that I would not see Little Miss on Monday and Wednesday's, when I go after work. Luckily I managed to get home in time to see Darren and herself arrive home after Nannie's house at the same time as I.

I was wearing my glasses as my lens ripped and was still decked out in my brand spanking new work out gear. (that's how badly I did not want to miss her, didn't change after, just hopped in the car straight away!)
She was standing in the doorway when I stepped in and got a heartfelt "Maammmiiee!!! MY Mammie!!" and she jumped up on to my arms to give me this massive hug!
Now THAT's a welcome home! She gave me this big smile and said:" I like your glasses Mammie" and "I like your new new top" The kid is TWO! :)
(Let me explain the new new thing. At the end of last year, she got some nice shiny black shoes for the holiday season, she also had gotten new normal shoes not too long before that. These were her "new shoes" and she dubbed her black shiny shoes her "New New shoes". The New New has stuck for new things ever since)

I wonder how big the Caíthlyn dictionary will be in a few years? I does love me some kiddy-speak!

Have a great one everyone!