Caíthlyn's Blog

Blogging about our Little Miss. Family 2 pregnancy

Sunday, March 11, 2007

Not cool

Yesterday afternoon, we received an e-mail to all be present in the largest meeting room at 16:00 hrs. They were shutting down the lines to facilitate this meeting... This set off my alarmbells straight away. The lines are holy, Service Level does not get compromised unless it's something BIG.

And, it was.

We all gathered there to see the general manager walk in with a very solemn face. He proceeded to read from an earlier prepared statement.
I work for an outsourcing company and we take care of the customer service for a VERY large software company. (Yes, that one) and this company decided to pull their business and give it to another company with a larger presence globally.

This means that as per the end of June, Mieneke is out of a job.
This is two weeks before my maternity leave is to start. Going job-hunting when you are very much pregnant? Somehow I don't see myself being all that successfull. Finding a part-time job that pays as well as this one did after my maternity leave? Snowball's chance in Hell.

But, things will work out. I am certain of it. "Worst case scenario", I get to spend some extra months with my kids... There's worse things! :)

No, seriously, I know it will be tough, not in the least financially. But getting myself in a state over it wouldn't help anyone.

In the meanwhile, If you are looking for a hardworking Dutch lady, to fill a part-time position in the North County Dublin area, please feel free to leave a comment! ;)