Caíthlyn's Blog

Blogging about our Little Miss. Family 2 pregnancy

Wednesday, January 26, 2005

Walkies

Our little girl is 13 months old. She was born 27 Dec 2003 at 12.29 hrs.
I still can not believe it sometimes - that I am lucky enough to be her Mamma!

Last night, my lift dropped me off at my boyfriend's mother's house. My Paddy and my daughter pick me up from there.
Caíthlyn was playing in the kitchen/sittingroom. I'm telling you, that smile could melt icebergs!
She took her first few steps on January 10th and the developments since then have been amazing! (Well, to the biased Mamma anyway! ;-) )

Her Nanny (grandmother) and Daddy urged her to show off her new walking skills. Arms wide, smile from ear to ear and squeals of delight!
I know I am risking severe mush-dom here but I just melted at the spot. There's nothing quite like having your daughter squeeze your head tightly in an "I Love You Mamma!" hug! Especially if she walked over to you to do it!

She is such a loving child! I feel like we are doing things right when I feel her little arms around my neck and hear her say "Awwwwww" The same way we do when we hug her. And that happens A LOT! My lips are permanently attached to the child's forehead!

The one good thing about working is the welcome you get when you come home. The walking skills increased so much in just ONE day that I think that within the next week she will be running! :-) I can't wait!

Parenthood just get's better every day!